This week's challenge is to create the crumpled paper art.
1. Cut your white paper into smaller pieces. We split ours into fourths so we ended up with four 6 inch x 4.5 inch pieces per sheet of construction paper.
2. Take one piece of your cut construction paper and crumple it up into a ball.
3. Choose one colour and use it to paint or pens or pencils all around the outside of your ball.
4. Gently unfold it, and see how it looks. Press it down gently.
5. Crumple it up again, and paint it with another color.
6. Gently unfold it and press it down.
7. Let the papers dry.
8. Once dry, open up and write on a separate bit of paper how the colour makes you feel using strong adjectives, expanded noun phrases and alliteration. (not in one sentence!)
Art challenge! Make something from an empty loo roll! design anything you want and in the next zoom meeting, we will vote for the best!
Some examples and a video below!
This week Art is to design a nice positive poster to go on the school fence, then once you have finished, on your one a day exercise go on put it up for all local to see!
There once was an artist called Georgia Totto O’Keeffe She is most famous for her quote
"If I could paint the flower exactly as I see it no one would see what I see because I would paint it small like the flower is small. So I said to myself - I'll paint what I see - what the flower is to me but I'll paint it big and they will be surprised into taking time to look at it – I will make even busy New Yorkers take time to see what I see of flowers."
So in this crazy time that we are going through I want you to find a flower or something like that to draw, paint or color but draw what you see not what you think it should look like. if you do not have access to anything I have uploaded some pictures you could us. Take a picture on a tablet or phone so you can keep referring to the picture.
Here is an example of Georgias work